18.5.1860, Orimattila -14.10.1927, Helsinki
The Eero Erkko Scholarship, a communications scholarship, will be awarded to a pupil graduating from the Erkko Senior Secondary School, Orimattila who has succeeded in his or her studies and actively studied communications.
When deciding who will receive the scholarship, the following issues shall be emphasized:
- The pupil’s achievements in media studies, the pupil’s goal-oriented approach in these studies and the pupil’s willingness to develop his or her communications skills.
- The pupil showing interest towards society and the world at large, and how this interest can be seen in the pupil’s media presentations.
- The pupil’s abilities in self-motivated thinking and the development of a critical attitude towards studying the media.
- The pupil’s willingness to further his or her general education.
Criteria that can be used to evaluate the advancement of pupils in their studies include:
• Media diploma
• Pupil’s media portfolio
• Participation in recording events at school, making articles about them, etc.
• Versatile skills in making and producing various types of media presentations
• Published media presentations
• Hobbies outside school
The teaching staff shall decide to whom the scholarship will be awarded based on a proposal drawn up by the pupils’ group counsellors and communications teachers.
The scholarship amount is EUR 1,000.